Balfour Beatty keeping their end of the bargain (3-12-15)
I have had several occasions to test our agreement with Balfour Beatty and they have really fulfilled their promises made on the 10-8-15.
Three times in the last ten days they have provided swift responses.
- They were able to cut through a communications problem and get the Mill Road lights turned on in time
- They were able to expedite an installation essential for the Mill Rd Fair
- They have answered questions about why some lights have not been finished on Coldhams Lane. The work has been halted because of its proximity to a hi-pressure gas main and they have had to go away and re-plan the work
Thank you Balfour Beatty
At the meeting today (10-8-15)
Dave Baigent met with the team from Balfour Beatty and they apologise for the way the installations had been handled in Romsey. There is now a dedicated supervisor for future work in Cambridge and pulling, planting, jointing and reinstatement of lamposts will now take place in two days.
New management plan now in place for Cambridge
- dedicated supervisor just for Cambridge – will send email and telephone number
- jointers now form part of the team
- complete one side of a road before starting on the other
- completed on one for one basis taking two days at maximum (unless unforeseen circs)
- now weekly team meetings with Lynsey
- we have direct telephone numbers for senior managers
Such a pity this could not have happened in April/May when the problem started.
Meeting today with Balfour Beatty about installation of lamposts (10-8-15).
After so much time and so many wake up calls the holes all over Romsey that blocked pavement, cycleways and became an outright danger have been filled in. Only now have Balfour Beatty agreed to meet with the leader of the council Lewis Herbert and Dave Baigent. Lets see what they have to say about holes left open for months and the turmoil they caused in Romsey.
If you need a reminder of how bad it was See the Video and BBC interview with Dotty McCleod
The invasion of the new lamposts - so badly handled
Now an issue of public safety
Telephone to complain at 01954 233300
Tweet at @BB_Customercare
FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS AND WEEKS this has been the scene in Romsey. Dangerous holes, blocked cycle ways and scattered barriers. Why should we put up with this?